The City Council will be holding the following public hearings:
Committee on Ordinances – Public Hearing
1. Petition from John J. Garrahy, John J. Garrahy Law, LLC, 2088 Broad Street, Cranston, Rhode Island 02905, requesting a Zone Change for the property located on Assessor’s Plat 101, Lot 793 (845 Allens Avenue), from C-1 to M-1.
2. Petition from Wayne M. Kezirian, Esquire, c/o Paolino Properties, 100 Westminster Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, on behalf of 21 Peace Street, LLC and Urban Land Development, LLC, requesting to change the Official Zoning Map for Certain Lots on Wesleyan Avenue, Plenty Street, Peace Street, Whitmarsh Street and Broad Street as listed: From I-1 to C-2 with I-3E overlay: Plat 44, Lots 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 294, 730, 268, 267, 266, 264, 263, 261, 205, 258, 135, 259, 150, 256, 265, 257, 711, 719, 255, 254, 253, 252, 249, 242 and 247; From R-2 with HD overlay to C-2 with HD and I-3E overlays: Plat 44, Lots 234, 233, 240 and 241; From C-1 with HD to C-2 with HD I-3E overlay, Plat 44, Lots 273 and 722. Including “Sub B” with limitations on uses”.
To view the Public Hearing live, please visit City Council’s YouTube Channel. Please note that you may need to refresh the page until the “LIVE” link appears once the meeting begins streaming.
Anyone who would like to submit written testimony can do so by emailing it to the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing it to 25 Dorrance Street, Room 311, Providence, RI 02903.
Any individual who would like to provide public comment during the hearing MUST pre-register using the meeting link below or by calling 401-680-5248 by 3:00 p.m. on the day of each meeting.
- Complete and submit the sign-up forms above.
- A representative of the City Clerk will call the number listed below to confirm a speaker. If we are not able to speak to a person directly at the number provided, you may not be recognized to speak.
- Once confirmed, we will attempt to respond in writing via e-mail. Please join the meeting using the Zoom Meeting credentials at the top of the agenda posted on the Open Meetings Portal. We look forward to your testimony!