Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 5:30 o’clock P.M.
The City Council Committee on Ordinances will be holding a Public Hearing on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 5:30 o’clock P.M.
Committee on Ordinances – Public Hearing:
1. An Ordinance in Amendment of Chapter 27 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Providence, Entitled: “The City of Providence Zoning Ordinance,” Approved November 24, 2014, As Amended, to amend Article 16, Section 1604, entitled “Illumination Standards” and Article 20, Section 2005, entitled “Nonconforming Signs”. This amendment would permit the conversion of static billboards into electronic message signs under certain circumstances.
2. An Ordinance in Amendment of Chapter 27 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Providence Entitled: “The City of Providence Zoning Ordinance,” Approved November 24, 2014, As Amended, to add certain parcels to the Historic Overlay District.
3. Petition from Wayne M. Kezirian, Esquire, c/o Paolino Properties, 100 Westminster Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, on behalf of 21 Peace Street, LLC and Urban Land Development, LLC, requesting to change the Official Zoning Map for Certain Lots on Wesleyan Avenue, Plenty Street, Peace Street, Whitmarsh Street and Broad Street as listed: From I-1 to C-2 with I-3E overlay: Plat 44, Lots 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 294, 730, 268, 267, 266, 264, 263, 261, 205, 258, 135, 259, 150, 256, 265, 257, 711, 719, 255, 254, 253, 252, 249, 242 and 247; From R-2 with HD overlay to C-2 with HD and I-3E overlays: Plat 44, Lots 234, 233, 240 and 241; From C-1 with HD to C-2 with HD I-3E overlay, Plat 44, Lots 273 and 722.
4. Petition from Sal Compagnone requesting a Zone Change for the Property located on Assessor’s Plat 97, Lot 902 (846 Charles Street), from R-2 to C-3.
5. Petition from Paul Sullivan, Sullivan Law Offices, PC, 33 Broad Street, Suite 302, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, dated January 12, 2021, requesting a Zone Change for the property located on Assessor’s Plat 13, Lot 164 (146 Governor Street), from a pre-existing, non-conforming use (two family), from R-1 to R-3.
6. Petition from Timothy J. Chapman, 670 Willett Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island 02915 on behalf of Love 4 All Child Care Center, Inc, 162 Metcalf Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02904, requesting a Zone Change for the property located on Assessor’s Plat 58, Lot 162 and 807 (1197-99 Eddy Street), from R-2 to C-1.
To view the Public Hearing live, please visit City Council’s YouTube Channel. Please note that you may need to refresh the page until the “LIVE” link appears once the meeting begins streaming.
Anyone who would like to submit written testimony can do so by emailing it to the City Clerk at email@example.com or by mailing it to 25 Dorrance Street, Room 311, Providence, RI 02903.
Any individual who would like to provide public comment during the hearing, MUST pre-register using the form below or by calling 401-680-5248 by 3:00 p.m. on February 24, 2021.
- Complete and submit the form below.
- A representative of the City Clerk will call the number listed below to confirm a speaker. If we are not able to speak to a person directly at the number provided, you may not be recognized to speak.
- Once confirmed, we will attempt to respond in writing via e-mail. Please join the meeting using the Zoom Meeting credentials at the top of the agenda posted on the Open Meetings Portal. We look forward to your testimony!
Sign up here
To observe the public hearing, please visit our YouTube Channel. In the event that an alternative arrangement is necessary, it will be published in the official agenda for the public hearing on the Providence Open Meetings Portal and Rhode Island Secretary of State public meetings website.